Pfanner Protos Arborist Helmet
The future is here thanks to the certification according to EN397, EN 12492, and ANSI Z89.1, the Pfanner “Protos Integral System” can be changed within seconds to be used for construction, forestry, arborist work, or climbing operations. The chin strap, visor, neck protection shell, and ear protection are all integrated and yet at the same time modular items. Thanks to the strongly gripping neck protector, the helmet sits perfectly even while working at an angle or upside-down and gives you a safe hold. It is especially difficult to free up a hand particularly working at great heights. That is why it was important to us to keep the handling simple – everything can be adjusted with just two fingers.
The Protos arborist helmet from Pfanner is the most advanced helmet system available on the market offering the best energy absorption, lightest weight, and unprecedented breath-ability. The side impact protection sets it apart from its competitors and makes it arguably the safest climbing helmet ever brought to market.
Please note to conform with the US ANSI standards, Protos helmets are now made with a grey foam insert, NOT the green koroyd included with earlier versions of the helmet.
- Integrated hearing protection with low-profile design (limits getting caught on branches).
- Field of vision is optimized because of the “Swept back” design
- Adjustable pressure fitting of the hearing protectors allows for a perfect fit.
- Even weight distribution design and the adjustable neck piece allow for a perfect, secure and comfortable fit, even without the chin strap.
- Adjustable vent flow on helmet (vents can be opened or closed) allows for use in wet, hot or cold work conditions.
- Discrete channel for the chin strap was designed to prevent the chin strap from slipping under the ear protector.
- Extraordinary wicking of perspiration via large and exchangeable pads with Klima-AIR technology.
- All functions of the helmet (hearing protection, face shield, helmet adjustment, and helmet vents) can be activated with just two fingers… making operation of the helmet easy.
- The only arborist helmet offering side and rear impact protection.
- Designed over a 15 year period with two things in mind: total head protection and working arborists
- Includes chinstrap for work aloft
- Certified to EN397 and EN 12492, ANSI
- Circumference: 54-62 cm (21.1-24.4 in)
- Weight: ~2.2 lbs